Base 2000 - Hire
Terms and Conditions
Please take a few moments to read the Terms and Conditions of hire. Your booking or supplementary deposit could be dependant on it. Then click on the "I agree to the Terms & Conditions " button which will take you on to the booking availibilty enquiry form.
- All bookings must be confirmed in writing with the Bookings Secretary. The person named on the booking form shall be considered the Hirer. Where an organisation is named, the person signing hereby confirms that they do so with full authority of the organisation. The Hirer must be over 21 years of age.
- The hire period is the time that the hirer commences and finishes using the hall. It will include the time taken for setting up and clearing up. The hire of the Building is for the specific agreed times shown on the booking form and does not entitle the Hirer to use or enter the premises at any other time.
- A deposit of 25% of the total booking fee must be paid at the time of application plus a £100 supplementary deposit and no engagement will be booked until these have been received. The supplementary deposit is refundable subject to satisfactory inspection of the building after the event.
- In the event of cancellation, the deposit of 25% of the total booking fee may be retained.
- The hirer is responsible for any damage to the property or its contents during the period of hire. Any breakages or damage may result in a supplementary charge or the retention of all or part of the supplementary deposit. Any defects noted by the Hirer should be reported to the Bookings Secretary at the earliest possible opportunity.
- The Hirer is required to leave the premises in a clean and tidy state and remove all rubbish and waste at the end of the hire period. Hall(s) and communal facilities used shall be vacuumed/swept as appropriate and spillages mopped. Tables must be wiped clean and furniture returned to its customary location. Windows and doors must be left secure and lights and extractor fans turned off. Failure to comply with these requests may result in an extra charge being levied for cleaning or the retention of part or all of the supplementary deposit against damage.
- Hirers are required to confine their activities to the area(s) booked. Use of the kitchen, toilets and entry foyer are considered integral to bookings. Users are required to be flexible in the event of concurrent booking for both halls by different organisations. The management undertakes to make users aware if this situation is likely to occur. Access to the upper floor is restricted to authorised personnel.
- Fire and emergency exit doors must be kept freely accessible at all times. The premises are protected by an automatic fire and security alarm system and hirers are required to familiarise themselves with the emergency evacuation procedures displayed.
- Notices may only be displayed on the notice boards provided. The use of drawing pins, staples and adhesive tape elsewhere is strictly forbidden but blu-tak type fixing may be used with discretion. Posters and advertisements for events can be displayed in the building by permission of the management. Please ask the Booking Secretary for details. Any posters displayed must carry the name of the organiser(s) involved.
- The sale of alcohol on the premises is strictly forbidden (We have no licence to sell alcohol).
- The management reserves the right to decline to accept a booking, without stating a reason.
- The needs of the Air Scout Group take priority over bookings. The management reserves the right to cancel a booking in the event that the premises are required for use as a Polling Station for local government or general elections; or they are deemed unfit for use for any reason; or the management feels it has been misled in the booking application; or that the purpose of the hiring is liable to cause a breach of statutory regulations.
- SMOKING / VAPING IS PROHIBITED ANYWHERE IN THE BUILDING.
Last updated Apr 2021
For more information about Basingstoke Air Scouts and what they do, check out our webpage atFind out more